The linear trail provides a moderate hike with abundant opportunities to view eagles and waterfowl. Large Eastern Hemlocks trees tower overhead and shade this steep ravine landscape. Closed from 12/1 – 4/1.
The trail is located just south of the Mongaup River on Route 97. Look for a small pull off with a bulletin board.
For Your Safety:
- Wear sturdy shoes or hiking boots.
- Sneakers or sandals will not provide proper support. Well cushioned socks and a hiking stick may be helpful on difficult trails.
- Bring plenty of drinking water
- Insect repellant may be needed. Check yourself for ticks. If you’re allergic to insects come prepared.
- Watch for snakes sunning on exposed rocks.
- Keep pets leashed at all times
- Never feed or disturb wildlife
- These are carry-in, carry-out trails. Please don’t litter.