The Tusten Mountain Trail is a partnership with the Greater New York Council of the Boy Scouts of America. This moderately difficult three mile trail takes you on a loop through historic remains of the Tusten Settlement as you climb to the summit for a magnificent view of the Upper Delaware Valley.
The trailhead is near the Ten Mile River Access on Crawford Road (off Route 97) between Narrowsburg and Barryville, NY.
For Your Safety:
- Wear sturdy shoes or hiking boots.
- Sneakers or sandals will not provide proper support. Well cushioned socks and a hiking stick may be helpful on difficult trails.
- Bring plenty of drinking water
- Insect repellant may be needed. Check yourself for ticks. If you’re allergic to insects come prepared.
- Watch for snakes sunning on exposed rocks.
- Keep pets leashed at all times
- Never feed or disturb wildlife
- These are carry-in, carry-out trails. Please don’t litter.